Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

Lolita Blog Carnival: Spring Meet-Up Ideas

When I think of Spring, I think of nature and flowers and all those lovely things. It's a great time to be outdoors since it's finally warm, but not yet hot. Basically, I love Spring and it was really fun to try and think of some meet up ideas for the season. Some are simple, and familiar, but I hope a couple are a bit unexpected.

1. Visit a garden
The first thing that comes to mind for a Spring meetup is to go visit a garden. If you're in a city, chances are there's a Botanic Garden. If you're in a smaller town it's quite possible there will be some kind of public garden, or there may be a private one open at certain times. Just take the chance to go out amongst someone's vision of natural beauty and enjoy the landscaping. And bring you camera, both for coord shots and flower photos!

An artsy flower photo of mine from years and years ago.

2. Go for a walk
Less typically lolita, and requiring different footwear than usual, but I think it would be nice to go for a nature walk. Nothing too long, and perhaps with a picnic at the end, but rambling though nature in good company sounds wonderful.

3. Nature bingo
You'd need someone who knows your area to organise this (or perhaps there are resources online) but run a Spring themed bingo! Find flowers, spot birds, even identify cloud formations...anything goes. If you can hold this in a garden, focus it on discovering certain plants in the grounds. If it's out in a park, or just around town, tailor the things you need to find accordingly. I am actually really tempted to do this myself!

4. Crafternoon with hats and corsages
I am ripping this idea off a meet the Sydney community had recently - but get together and make hats or floral corsages! Generally this would be more "decorating" than "making" but hey, if someone has the know how to actually teach hat making from scratch that would be amazing.

Hats from Sweet Dreamer on Taobao,

5. Watercolour painting
I have watercolours on the brain because last weekend James and I accidentally walked into a watercolour exhibition and walked out with a gorgeous painting ^__^ But I do thing a watercolour (or any kind of painting or drawing, but watercolours are just so delicate and lovely) meet would be lovely. Set up somewhere with a nice outlook and everyone do their best to record whatever landscape that is. Like the nature bingo, I am actually kind of tempted to organise this kind of meet now!

Read more from other bloggers:


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, watercolour painting is such a Victorian activity! I know that i'd be pretty self conscious about my painting/drawing skills, but I think I'd be willing to give this one a go - definitely more if there was someone there to teach me a thing or two. But those are all really great spring ideas. The Spring Bingo one could also be made into like a scavenger hunt leading people to a picnic or tea house at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can just imagine a whole group of lolitas sitting around and painting like ladies, it's such a pretty image. I'm awful at painting and drawing too but it'd be fun. And good idea on turning the bingo into a scavenger hunt! Man, I kind of want to organise some meets now...even though it's Autumn down here right now.

      Delete