Pages

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Lolita Blogpost Roundup: January 2018

January is over already...wow. Time does fly! Things have been a tad quieter than usual in the lolita blogging world, but I think that's because most of us have been doing wardrobe posts, and those take an awful long time to do! Speaking of, you should definitely check out all the posts of the EGL LiveJournal if you haven't already. Just be prepared for the inevitable wardrobe envy. And then, when you're done, come back here to view some of the other content lolita bloggers have released in the past month.


Let’s Lolita Sewing–Tools from Miss Carol Belle
Let's face it. Sewing can be intimidating. And doing things like drafting and modifying patterns is even more so. So this video is great because it covers some of the stuff that could be considered common knowledge by more advanced sewists, but that you still need to learn somewhere along the line!

Bobbin Lace from Auris Lothol
Maybe not a lolita focused post, but how much more lolita can you really get than making your own lace? Just wow. I so don't have the patience to do something like this, but I kind of wish I did!

Top tips for running your own community! from Poppy Noir
An LBC topic I didn't take part in, and a very welcome reminder about what you can do to get a quiet community back to being a bit more active. Myself and Rosie are trying to get the Newcastle community back on it's feet, so this contained some helpful hits that were very relevant for me right now.

Sweet Dolly House Lucky Pack Review from Cupcake Kamisama
It's dangerous, but I love reading reviews that make me immediately go and visit the shop in question! I refrained from making any purchased but that just made reading about someone else's all the more enjoyable.

2018 Lolita Resolutions + Plans from Pastel Peggy
I like lists and goals and plans, so this sort of post is exactly up my alley. I also like getting a bit of an insight into what kind of blog posts I may see from lolitas I follow in the future...

Moi-même-Moitié US Debut! Mana Returns to Sakura-Con from Buttcape
Unless you don't internet much (in which case, why are you here?) you've probably already seen this announcement but if not, click the link and get excited!

Given that it's a new year, does anyone have suggestions for new blog for me to follow? I really want to add more lolita (and miscellaneous) blogs to my reading list so please drop a link to your blog or ones that you follow!

6 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting to comment, but I love your round ups because they introduce me to new content! Thank you for the features too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and I'm glad to hear you like reading these!

      Delete
  2. I second what Buttcape has said, I always discover something new from your roundup posts. This time it's the sewing tools post - I can't sew yet, I can barely make a straight stitch on my sewing machine, but eventually this will come in so handy, so it's better to familiarise yourself with stuff earlier. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for new things...and that's exactly why I do these! Good luck with sewing when you start learning how, it's fun, if annoying.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for including my post! I tried some resin crafting the other day for the first time and made the important discovery of how crucial temperature is for resin to cure the best that it can. It turns out winter and the cold aren't great for it so now I think I'm going to have to wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I can try again and make a blog post about anything :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and good on you for getting a start on crafting! Pity it didn't work out, but at least you're getting some of the inevitable failure of trying a new thing out of the way early.

      Delete