Pages

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Lolita 52: How lolita has changed me

Wow, we have to end the Lolita 52 series on a poignant note, don’t we? So, how has lolita changed me?
  • I have a blog, this blog, and I really discovered a love of blogging
  • I’ve ventured back onto 4chan after a terrifying first experience with /b/ and have settled in the gentler waters of /cgl/
  • I have been to several meets (with more planned), which is a big deal for introverted me
  • I have a single settled alternative fashion that I wear rather than my previous hodge-podge of random things (though sometimes I miss wearing a rainbow, and my everyday style is still jeans or miniskirt + nerdy t-shit)
  • I have a better awareness of fashion generally and outfit cohesiveness, which really helps with styling photoshoots in particular!
  • I found a love of capsule wardrobes (in theory, not for me in practise)
  • I’ve challenged myself more with sewing than I think I otherwise would have
  • I am now a snob about lace and details in alternative fashion
  • I have discovered the joy of having a big, multifaceted hobby (to be fair, I’d had modelling and photography before, but that wasn’t a hobby I could engage in on my own and lolita is)
I also learned to love flat lays...

So lolita has changed some things about me. Nothing too dramatic on the surface of things, and I always have been a bit of an eccentric so I can’t claim that I “gained the courage to be myself” or anything because I already did that, but still. It’s been a great journey so far and I look forward to remaining engaged in this subculture for years more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've gone through all 52 prompts now? Well done! That's impressive in and of itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been around 2 years since I started I think...

      Delete