Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Lolita 52: Something that was a gift

Several things in my lolita wardrobe were gifts, actually, or bought with gifted money. In particular James has bought me a lot of things over the years! However, one thing from him really stands out, which is my Lyris Design custom made underbust JSK which was my birthday present in 2014.


I’ve said positive things about this dress many, many times so I’m not going to say it all again but it is one of my favourite pieces, possibly even the favourite. And I really like that one of the keystone pieces of my wardrobe was a gift from my lovely boyfriend ^__^

Another gift that I want to mention, because it was also sweet, are these barrette bows.


Work was quite challenging all last year, and on one of my bad days my housemate/friend/workmate Natalie came home with  bag of assorted goodies for me, which included these bows. They’re a great match for my wardrobe, particularly the pink one as it matches some hard-to-match pieces, and it was just so nice of her to do that for me.

Are there any noteworthy gift pieces in your lolita wardrobe?

6 comments:

  1. Lucky! I don't tend to get Lolita-related or loliable gifts unless I ask for them. The best and most Loliable I got was a UK Lolita Secret Santa where I got my first two berets (with hand sewn embellishments) and some barette clips, but I also have an apple pie headpiece and a toy soldier hat that I got from my boyfriend and his family, but those were on my Christmas wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair I did ask for that dress and did all the ordering, but James footed the bill (and I wold not have bought it for myself so it really was a great gift). The bows from Nat were a nice surprise though!

      I have to say I kind of like getting gifts from a wishlist more than surprises most of the time, especially with lolita because I'm pretty picky lol.

      Delete
  2. This dress is gorgeous! It's also not usual for me to receive loliable items as a gift, I guess the only ones I got were from Secret Santa's meetings, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite lolita dress ^__^ That's fair enough, it's pretty niche and not all that accessible for people to buy as gifts.

      Delete
  3. I don't get gifts in this fashion, I am fine with it, since I am collecting stuff for moving away about a year or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best gifts are always the ones you want/that are useful :)

      Delete