Pages

Saturday 1 May 2021

Coordinates from April 2021

I'll admit - the fact that April is already over is...disconcerting, to say the least. But I suppose that's just the passage of time for you!

I had the first week of April off work, and was really happy because James said "there's this cool yellow bush in flower, want to shoot?" and when I ran some concepts by him he wanted to go with the lolita option! In the end this coord was super way off where we started, inspiration-wise (it was going to be a classic floral wa lolita thing!) but still super cute. And by taking all his feedback on board it's also a bit different from what I'd normally do, mostly in terms of the wig. But I like it!

OP, Headbow & Necklace: Lady Sloth Verrrry Berry Picnic
Shoes & Wig: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand/Taobao/Handmade

Full photoshoot will be on my Facebook page (this is just an unedited shot to show off the outfit) and you can also see a second look that we shot in the pretty bush on there too.

At the end of that week on the Saturday we ran some errands and hung out with some friends to roll up characters for a new D&D round robin thing we're doing. I'm a total noob to tabletop gaming (two one shots and a few sessions of an abandoned campaign so far) but I'm pretty keen to be doing this. But anyway, I decided that super-casual lolita was more comfy than jeans, so that's what I wore.

Skirt: Handmade
Vest: W <3 C
Star Clip: Yokai Candy
Everything else: Offbrand

I mean, technically you could argue that this isn't even lolita, and I wouldn't argue back. But I approached it as a lolita coord, so I'm counting it, even if I didn't wear a petticoat or cover my upper arms and I chose my colours entirely to match my sneakers. 

I also got a really nice compliment from the girl at the checkout at the pet shop, she said she liked my whole aesthetic. I liked it too, TBH! It felt very me.

And then...I didn't wear lolita for the rest of the month. We were very busy with photoshoots, and I went from doing an 8-day to a 9-day fortnight at work and let me tell you, not getting a long weekend every weekend after a whole year of it is a bit of a shock to the system! But I'm happy with these outfits and even though I'm busy, life is good ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Something about the second outfit makes me think of the 90s - both in the West with that preppy Clueless vibe that was strong then and the super early proto-lolita coords from FRUiTS/KERA in Japan etc. And for that I love it all the more, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm am so down for 90s vibes so thank you!

      Delete